Just a few more things…

5/23/2010 04:04:00 PM / Posted by Iron Lung /

What up my ninjas….

So in true asshole fashion I completely forgot to talk about a few things in my last blog and I got lil new tidbits of news too.


 

Schizphonics

Quite possibly the best high energy hip hop show I've seen. I first met these guys in Jacksonville, FL 2008 while playing the Creeks Art and Music Festival. I liked their set, and since that, they've been hard at work making new material. "Schizophonics" drove all the way down to play "The Blender" show with us here in Miami and it was 2 kart-wheels past awesome. Each of them have this incredible flow I found myself trying to follow while I was working the sound lol. They got the crowd into it early and didn't let anyone not enjoy themselves. They were definitely a stand out act. Some of my friends who copped their CD at the show are still bumping them now. "Radio rap… is not hip hop" now that's a chant!

Hopefully I'll get stuff done in time to do another show with them, quite possibly in Jacksonville or Orlando.


 

Juxtaposition, DatPiff and more

The upcoming mash-up project for "Def Jux" seems to be running a bit late but still on schedule. The other songs I have left to record verses for can get done in one session, and then a few more sessions to finish mixing it all. I'm not sure if I'll have time to put some remixes on this thing but either way, DatPiff.com will be the exclusive place to download it. There are only a few songs needed to finish up "Underground Oddities Vol 2" so they might be released at around the same time. After that, it's just 3 songs for the "Serpent and the Rainbow" single and hopefully show time once again.


 

That's pretty much it aside from the fact the list of movies I've been meaning to see but somehow keep forgetting to go to keeps growing…

  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Iron Man 2
  • Survival of the Dead
  • Splice

Any other suggestions? Just one question though, why does everyone think releasing a movie in 3-D will make a shitty movie amazing??? STEP-UP 3-D?!?! WHY!?!?! The Step-Up movies are ok if, like most dance movies, you ignore the dialogue and just watch it like a really long music video. There's only so much you can do for the actual story and it's played out. That and they always throw in B-boys like pizza toppings; lord knows it would never work the other way around: "yeah we're a breaking crew, yo we should get some ballet ninjas in here!" lol 3-D really…. And in Paris?! Ugh why…. I'll end up downloading it lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment