The end is near

7/04/2011 10:33:00 PM / Posted by Iron Lung /

           Two final projects remain for me under the Iron Lung moniker. The “death” of Lung has been delayed by the death of an external hard drive carrying the entire last two projects. The irony. I haven’t written anything new as Lung and I don’t plan on it. I will continue to do music but as LAMEBOT, which is more production and DJ based. But anyway back to Lung news.
           The first of the last two projects is “The Serpent And The Rainbow” a three-track single that is kind of like a play. Each track tells a part of the story, and if listened to separately, the vibe changes. The first track is called the cycle and it provides the setting for the project. This record is definitely more sample based which is not at all how I normally do things, but you can check out the first track here.
The Cycle [TSATR EP Final ROUGH] by Iron Lung
            And now, the album you have all been waiting for, myself included, “F@wkYouLucy”. There is no album art yet since I want to make sure I can salvage all the songs and put out the record first. Luckily I was able to find one of the beats and knew the lyrics since I had been using it in live shows for awhile.
            I present to you, “Skeleton Dance”. I won’t be a douche and explain my weight point of view on what the song is about, but I will be nice enough to provide you with the lyrics. Scroll just under the video to see the lyrics and also download the mp3 for free.

I take another breath in hopes to dull whatever’s illing me. Despite the speed and several turns I still feel it breathing down my neck. Now I’m no worldly genius but I figure I can guess the shadows chasing my own dreams through my past have connects.

I got that dotted line reasoning, applying my own seasoning to flavor my own physics to taste better while I’m panicking and I eat my words as a fail safe against detention because even if they catch me my heart is still bedlam. O brother, when will I finally understand that a wicked way of life will always lead to tragic end? No matter. No illustrious path to blaze so then I lower brow in reverence as to never dream again. Spider web signature caught in between the seconds my eyes saw the innocence planted in your cadence and I quickly got the message and tried to keep up and fell through the cracks, I guess it’s not enough to want to dance with the skeletons filling up the closet. I got an itching in my inner being; a weight lifting off my conscious. I got a new hope rising with the dawning of this moment. Even though they wore it down I’ll say they never broke it. I am still here, petals plucked early, still within your grip to catch sunlight every morning. Love it or leave it either way you see it, it’s always and forever part of my ephemeral being.

Left foot, right foot, dancing with the skeletons implementing shadows over something barely relevant. It takes two to tango and three to make a stand so gather up in circle form and take them by the hand.

(Go) lined up and properly waiting for a sign to move among us until obviously we can’t see it. Surreptitious in it’s being, but still vaguely familiar and cold to the touch with boney fingers and a feeling like we’ve been here before. I recognize the special mixture of aromas. A cloud of kind words that only smelt of death elegantly wrapped its way around my neck. I stayed anxious, nervously still. Eyes closed trying to distract me from the image. Eyes opened up and it came in a flash. Is this what you wanted? Is this what you needed?

Back up for a second I need a little breathing room. My heart was palpitating four times above the usual. Usually when it does it doesn’t even matter since it always calms down when I chase it off with laughter as the best medicine; injection through the crevices seeking carnal judgment as a payment for their negligence. Never really noticed nothing special about the sentences simply put together to distinguish all the heaven sent moments. I was hoping you would notice my eyes dilated so no reason to be focused. Every screaming memory will randomly attack but if I let you go I no longer am attached so I’ll sprint free, but later down the line I’ll be back at square one with another chance to face it. Pull me out the ground with no regard to my health. You can pick me apart until completely desecrated but I am still here petals plucked early, still within your grip to catch sunlight every morning. Love it or leave it either way you see it, it’s always and forever part of my ephemeral being.

Left foot, right foot, dancing with the skeletons implementing shadows over something barely relevant. It takes two to tango and three to make a stand so gather up in circle form and take them by the hand.

           The video is actually footage I cut and spliced together from one of my favorite movies called “Raging Phoenix”. If you’re into martial arts movies, I recommend it. I don’t want to give away the plot but the martial arts used is fictional but funny enough something I had been imagining for years. It is actually a b-boy infused version of Mauy Thai Boran with a drunken edge. It looks a little bit like sloppy Capoeira. I started Capoeira because I wanted to be a better b-boy, but to be honest Mauy Thai is where my movements feel natural. So of course I started thinking of ways to combine all three. And then I saw this movie and I imploded. I survived my self-made black hole to bring you this song, this video, and the last two Iron Lung projects. I produced this whole track myself, played the keys and made the drums myself. I also recorded the whole thing at my home studio and mastered as well. All in all a lot of work so I really hope you guys enjoy this one.

Much love,
Lung

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment