A Season of Rememberence

6/26/2009 06:21:00 PM / Posted by Iron Lung /

I posted a section of the lyrics in my first post but since its been taken so long to find a decent studio, I'm gonna go ahead and just post up all the lyrics to my EP.

We can splice lies between angels and deception. We can blend truth into figments and tongue kissing. We can always play denial until the riverbank floods and the levy ain’t as sturdy as the cracks bleed out mud … so here’s to you
Let’s all raise a glass; we ain’t look to evacuate in your direction. We’d all be soaked in six inches of sand quick enough to murder wit and devise a new plan. Let us count our short comings, the subtle differences that make us one all just a happy little mess. I put a star on the “You are here” section of plan 1 and realized I was standing next to cause and the effect. I am not an activist though I take action it may not be methodical. It might just be reaction; it might just be that I actually got tired of babysitting egos as a means to keep the peace. So let me off the leash, I promise I won’t bite but I will make enough noise so you contemplate retreat. Not in the least did I intend to offend you but I guess the truth sucks more when you chose the wrong belief

Stuck in the middle stick in the mud passing up the forecast choosing the flood
Lost in the choice five days for rest of your breaths to be stuck here somewhere else

One more for the bludgeon, quick strike ability to act swiftly, ignore the repercussions and act as if I never had any true intention on backing up my motives ‘cause you never had to know. So on with the show no time to even bother with going back into the ocean to save a sinking ship. Filled up to the tip with a ton of buried treasure and sunny disposition to make the coward lion quit. If I never had a heart and you never caused the scars I wouldn’t have a need to make this journey from the start. But foot after foot I give thanks and then remember that glory is slut amongst the great pretenders of the days gone past. When it was good it was good but now it’s all gone and I can only keep the last few moments in box with an underlying reason that everything you said stays forgotten in the past.

Stuck in the middle stick in the mud passing up the forecast choosing the flood
Lost in the choice five days for rest of your breaths to be stuck here somewhere else

And the last two remnants of a long forgotten summer emerged from the smoke holding hands; as if to not be noticed they crept along the shoreline hiding under wakes and castles in the sand. So along came a spider and spun a new web this time all the spins were true. So please take your time to acknowledge all the tangents before you start to think this web was for you.

Stuck in the middle stick in the mud passing up the forecast choosing the flood
Lost in the choice five days for rest of your breaths to be stuck here somewhere else

0 comments:

Post a Comment